with glazed blueberries
Dig into a tasty vegan camembert served with fresh blueberries, all drizzled in Karen Dudley’s Spiced Syrup, with golden oven baked crostini.
"This can be served as a starter, or as part of the feast table."
Method of Cooking: Oven
Effort Level: Easy
Active Time: about 10 minutes
Start to Finish: about 40 minutes
Utensils you’ll need at home:
Ingredients you’ll need at home:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Unwrap the camembert cheese (1 for Small, 2 for Medium, and 3 for Large Boxes). Place on a serving platter.
- Place the blueberries in a bowl, and toss through some of Karen Dudley’s Spiced Syrup (to taste). Optional: heat this in a pan until the syrup is bubbling and the blueberries have softened a bit, or serve as is. Set aside until serving.
- Slice up the bread into 1-2cm thick slices. Spread out on a baking tray, rub with some olive oil, and place into the hot oven until golden – about 15-25 minutes. Check halfway and flip the slices if necessary. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
NOTE: The above steps can all be done ahead of time. If done the night before, store the glazed blueberries in the fridge and simply heat up before serving, and the crostini (once cooled), in an airtight container
- When ready to serve the starter, spoon over some glazed blueberries onto the camembert, and serve aside your golden crostini. Enjoy!