with glazed blueberries
Oozey garlic & rosemary infused camembert served with glazed blueberries in Karen Dudley’s Spiced Syrup, and golden oven baked crostini.
"This can be served as a starter, or as part of the feast table."
Method of Cooking: Oven
Effort Level: Easy
Active Time: about 10 minutes
Start to Finish: about 60 minutes
Utensils you’ll need at home:
Baking dish with sides or tinfoil
Ingredients you’ll need at home:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Unwrap the camembert cheese (1 for Small, 2 for Medium, and 3 for Large box). Place in a baking dish with sides, or create a makeshift one with tinfoil.
- Peel and finely slice 1-2 cloves of garlic.
- Using a knife, poke holes in the camembert (being sure not to cut all the way through, and poke in a slice of garlic and some broken up fresh rosemary into each hole – about 10 incisions per cheese will work well, and about 1 sprig of rosemary per cheese.
- Scatter over the blueberries and drizzle over about 30ml of Karen Dudley’s Spiced Syrup (per camembert). Set aside until ready to bake.
- Slice up the bread into 1-2cm thick slices. Spread out on a baking tray, rub with some olive oil, and place into the hot oven until golden – about 15-25 minutes. Check halfway and flip the slices if necessary. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
NOTE: The above steps can all be done ahead of time. If done the night before, store your camembert tray in the fridge until ready to bake, and the crostini (once cooled), in an airtight container.
- When ready to serve the starter, bake the camembert until soft and oozy on the inside, and lightly golden on top, about 20-30 minutes, or until your preference. At the halfway mark, remove from the oven and give the blueberries a shift to coat in the syrup.
- Serve your oozy camembert immediately (with a spoon) aside your golden crostini. Enjoy!