with Pesto Princess Harissa (Serves 3-4)
This perfectly roasted chicken is smothered in a harissa butter, and stuffed with lemon, garlic and rosemary. Simple and dreamy!
"Don’t be alarmed if the harissa butter chars a bit during roasting. If it is darkening too much for your liking, simply place a piece of tinfoil loosely over the chicken in the final roasting time."
Method of Cooking: Oven
Effort Level: Easy
Active Time: about 25 minutes
Start to Finish: about 90 minutes
Utensils you need at home:
Ingredients you need at home:
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of Pesto Princess Harissa with 2 tablespoons of softened butter and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Place the chicken on a roasting tray. Season all over with salt and pepper – including the cavity.
- Into the cavity of the chicken, stuff 2 lemon quarters, 2 peeled and halved cloves of garlic, and 2 sprigs of rosemary.
- Rub the whole chicken with harissa butter, including between the skin and breast meat.
- Roast for about 75 minutes until golden and cooked through, basting the chicken with the tray juices twice during roasting. Remove when done and set aside to rest for at least 15 minutes.
NOTE: This entire recipe can be done ahead of time, simply keep the cooked chicken outside of the fridge, and serve at room temperature.
- To serve, carve up the chicken as you wish, pouring some of the tray juices over the chicken once carved. Squeeze over some roasted lemon juice to your taste, and serve on your Feast table.