with Leo’s Little Jars’ Blueberry & Thyme Chutney (Serves 3-4)
High in flavour and deliciousness, this duck confit is roasted until golden. Served alongside some sweet home made chutney of blueberries & thyme from Leo’s Little Jars. A match made in heaven.
"The fatty liquid surrounding the duck is very high in flavour. You can store it in your fridge for up to 3 months and use it for roasting vegetables, potatoes or meats instead of oil."
Method of Cooking: Oven
Effort Level: Easy
Active Time: about 15 minutes
Start to Finish: about 45 minutes
Utensils you’ll need at home:
Ingredients you’ll need at home:
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C with the fan on.
- Remove the duck legs from the packaging and place them, skin side up, in a roasting dish. Be sure to place the fatty liquid of the pouch into the roasting dish around the duck.
- Place the tray into the hot oven for 15 minutes. Then, remove the tray from the oven and pour out all the liquid from the tray - reserve it.
- Return the tray to the oven for 15-20 minutes until the duck skin is golden. You can turn on the grill for the final 5-10 minutes to speed up the process. Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 15 minutes at least.
NOTE: This entire recipe can be done ahead of time, simply keep the cooked duck outside of the fridge, and serve at room temperature.
- To serve, place the golden duck on a platter and serve alongside Leo’s Little Jars’ Blueberry & Thyme Chutney.