Beautifully fluffy plant-based banana pancakes is the best way to start any day.
- Mash 1 large ripe banana in a mixing bowl, stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar, a pinch of salt, and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Sift in 120 g of self raising flour and a ½ teaspoon of baking powder and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre and gradually add in 150 ml of plant based milk until you get a thick consistency.
- Place a pan over a medium heat with a drizzle of oil, add about 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side until golden.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and any fresh fruit you desire.
The manganese in bananas is very good for your skin, while the potassium in bananas is good for your heart health and blood pressure.