Delicious tofu fried rice with charred greens – for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Cook up some basmati rice – drain and set aside.
- Crush up some garlic, finely chop some chilli, and grate up some ginger. Finely slice up some spring onion or onion.
- Rinse and slice up some leafy greens - Terra Madre pak choi or Meuse Farm swiss chard. Place a pan over a high heat with some oil. Char the greens until wilted, shifting occasionally. Remove from the pan and season with lemon juice and salt.
- Mash up some tofu with a fork, leaving some bits more chunky than others.
- Return the pan to a medium heat – add a knob of plant buttah, the garlic, chilli, onion and ginger. Fry until fragrant – then, add the tofu. Heat through, then add the drained rice. Stir to combine and caramelise for a few minutes. Season to taste.
- Dish up your tofu fried rice, top with your Asian greens, and garnish with some chopped coriander – serve with some of Bao Down’s Hot Sauce on the side and dig in!
When cooking the rice with the tofu, allow it to get some good browning time on the base of the pan for some good caramelisation and increased flavour.