Creamy peanut sauce on golden Patryslvlei sweet potato skewers. YUM!
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- To make peanut sauce, thoroughly combine some peanut butter, your choice of milk , lemon juice, honey or maple, a thumb of grated ginger, 1-2 cloves of grated garlic, a pinch of cumin and some roughly chopped Umthunzi sweet pepper. Let stand at least one hour to marry flavors.
- To prepare satay, peel Patrysvlei sweet potatoes then cut into 2.5 cm cubes. Toss the cubes with oil, and a little salt and spread out on a deep baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. They will be firm to the bite. Allow to cool briefly, then thread onto skewers.
- Grill 2 skewers, turning a couple of times, until tender and lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Sprinkle with fresh roughly chopped Umthunzi coriander. Serve with peanut sauce on the side. Garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fibre , vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and they're a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C.