Spanish Georgiev egg & Patrysvlei potato omelette with a sassy tomato salsa.
- Place a large non-stick pan on a low heat with a knob of butter and/or drizzle of oil. Fry 1 sliced onion slowly for about 10 minutes until soft but not brown.
- Peel, quarter and finely slice 300-400g of Patrysvlei potatoes. Add to the pan, then cover and cook for a further 15-20 mins, stirring occasionally to make sure they fry evenly. When the potatoes are soft and the onion is shiny, add 2 grated cloves of garlic and cook for 2 mins.
- Add 6-8 beaten Georgiev eggs seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Put the lid back on the pan and leave the tortilla to cook gently. After 20 mins, the edges and base should be golden, the top set but the middle still a little wobbly. To turn it over, slide it onto a plate and put another plate on top, turn the whole thing over and slide it back into the pan to finish cooking.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and serve the tortilla warm or cold.Season to taste.
- Serve with a tomato salsa: In a bowl combine finely chopped Avoland avocado, Umthunzi Tomatoes, Neighbourhood farm basil and a splash of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and mix.
You can bulk up this spanish omelette with anything you desire e.g:
- Add cooked small pieces of bacon just before you add the eggs (for Small, Medium & Large Mixed Meat boxes only)
- Add cooked mushrooms just before you add the eggs
- Add chopped Olives just before you add the eggs
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes just before you add the eggs.