Roasted carrots with smoky paprika blended with chickpeas and served with toasted bread slices.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread the carrots evenly over a baking tray and coat in oil, salt, pepper and smoked paprika to taste. Add a peeled clove of garlic to the tray and roast for approx 30 mins until soft.
- Once cooked, blitz the carrots & garlic in a food processor with 1 drained can of chickpeas, a handful of coriander, a big squeeze of lemon juice and a glug of olive oil. Blend and drizzle in more olive oil until smooth.
- Taste to test and add more salt, pepper and smoked paprika if required.
- Serve in a large dipping bowl with mint leaves for garnish, alongside toasted bread slices for dipping.
Carrots offer your body high Vitamin A and C levels. Vitamin A increases your immune responses, particularly the immune cells, that adapt to fighting the ever-changing viruses and bacteria. Vitamin C also delivers many positive effects on building up one's immune system. It is a great antioxidant, and has shown to increase the absorption of Iron from other food sources (like the paprika).