No need to miss out on an old school breakfast fave when tofu’s here to help.
- Roast some sliced tomatoes in a hot oven with a splash of balsamic vinegar, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper – until they start to blister.
- Fry up some diced onion until caramelised and stir in a spice blend of your choice – turmeric will really make that tofu pop as well as some grated garlic.
- Roughly mash your tofu with a fork, also keeping some chunky pieces. Add to the caramelised onion, turn up the heat and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Lightly toast some bread slices until irresistibly delicious-looking.
- Load up some toast with your tofu scramble, roasted tomato and garnish with some fresh herbs. Tuck in!
Tofu is a fab source of plant-based protein and contains all nine essential amino acids, a real bonus for a plant-based diet.