Sweet pepper, lentil and swiss chard dahl – a firm favourite!
- Peel and grate about 30g of ginger. Then, peel and grate 2 cloves of garlic too. Roughly chop 1 onion. Slice up 1 sweet pepper. Place all into a pot with some oil – fry until soft and lightly golden. Rinse and add about 1 cup of lentils with some curry paste (to taste). Stir until fragrant.
- Add 250ml of water or stock and bring to a simmer. Pop on the lid and cook until the lentils are soft, adding more water as required.
- Toast some nuts in a pan until golden – we recommend cashews, but there’s no need to be fussy.
- Rinse some swiss chard. Once the lentils are cooked, add the chard and half a tin of coconut cream – stir to wilt. Season to taste, adding more curry paste as required and a sweetener of choice.
- Dish up your lentil and chard dahl with some rice, sambals, and a golden toasted roti if you wish. Dahl-icious!
Lentils are not only high in fibre and protein, but also the essential mineral, iron. Iron is a major part of the RBC, which carries oxygen around the body, crucial for physical performance, mental focus and clarity.