Start your day with this delicious Buchimgae Korean pancake with soy dipping sauce and a fried egg.
For the dipping sauce:
- In a small bowl mix 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar and 1 teaspoon of sugar to make the dipping sauce. Taste to test and add more vinegar/sugar according to taste.
For the pancakes:
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups of cake flour, 2 beaten Georgiev eggs, 1 teaspoon of salt, a bunch of Neighbourhood Farm spring onions (green and white parts cut into 2 inch pieces), 1 ½ cups of water. Set aside for 10 mins. (You want slightly more runny than normal pancake batter so if it is very thick add little water)
- Place a pan over a medium heat with a generous drizzle of oil, when hot pour enough batter to make a thin layer over the base of the pan. Cook for 3-4 mins until set and golden brown on the bottom. Flip and cook for another 1-2 mins. Remove from the pan and cut into quarters.
- Return the pan to the heat and fry an Georgiev egg until cooked to your liking.
- Plate up your pancake, top with the fried egg and serve the dipping sauce on the side. Garnish with chopped Umthunzi coriander.
Add some maple pork belly bacon on top to take this dish to the next level.