Hake rubbed with a herb, lemon zest and garlic crust – drizzled with a lemon-butter sauce, and served with some roasted sweet potato.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into similar sized chunks, skin on – coat in oil and season well. Roast in the hot oven for approximately 30-40 minutes, until crispy and golden.
- Roughly chop a handful of fresh herbs – thyme, oregano, sage will all work perfectly. Grate 2 cloves of garlic and zest up some lemon. Mix with your chopped herbs, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the hake in olive oil. Then, roll it in the garlic-herb mixture until fully coated, seriously, drench it in that herby goodness.
- Place a grill pan over a medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. When hot, fry until golden on both sides and cooked to your preference.
- Remove the hake from the pan and add a large knob of butter – cook until it foams and starts to turn golden. Add a sprinkle of capers (optional) and the juice of a lemon, and cook for a further 30 seconds
- Pour the lemon sauce over your perfectly seared hake and serve alongside the roasted sweet potatoes.
- Some steamed greens or a lovely green salad would compliment this dish beautifully.
If you would prefer to cook your fish in the oven, when your sweet potato is done put the oven on max grill setting. Then grill the yellowtail, skin-side up, until golden and cooked to your preference.