Delicious and succulent beef koftas served on a bed of nourishing and fresh baby marrow noodles, and topped with a creamy yogurt dressing.
- Place 400g of beef mince into a bowl and and ½ finely chopped onion, a handful of chopped coriander stalks and 1 grated clove of garlic. Season well and mix until combined. Shape into kofta shapes (i.e. short fat sausages).
- Place a pan over a medium high heat with a drizzle of oil. Fry for 5 mins on each side until golden and cooked through.Rest on a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix some yoghurt with chopped coriander leaves and grated garlic. Add a splash of vinegar and season well with salt and a dash of olive oil.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the baby marrow into thin ribbons. Squeeze over some lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil and season to taste.
- Place the baby marrow ribbons into a bowl and top with the koftas and dollop over the flavoured yoghurt.
- Add a cooked grain to bulk up this bowl. We like: chickpeas, couscous or bulgur wheat.
Another sauce option is whipped feta – see recipe below under Tasty Tips.