This creamy plant-based pesto pasta is absolutely delicious and packed with nutrients. Give it a whirl!
- Soak ⅓ cup of cashews in a cup of boiling water for 1 hour (or overnight in room temperature water).
- Add 1 garlic clove and 300g zucchini to the cashews and water and blend in a Nutribullet or other high-speed blender for 1 minute until silky smooth. You may need to do this in two shorter goes so that your blender doesn’t overheat.
- Add the pasta to heavily salted water and boil until al dente – about 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, transfer the cashew cream into a large pan on medium heat and stir in ½ jar of Gaia’s Goddess Pesto. The sauce will begin to thicken. Season to taste.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Strain once cooked, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
- Stir the creamy pesto sauce into the pasta while it is still on the heat. The pasta will absorb some of the liquid from the sauce. If it becomes too thick, gradually add in some pasta water
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Baby marrow is high in fiber, having a lowering effect on blood sugar levels. Baby marrow’s fiber helps to maintain healthy blood circulation, along with the high potassium content.