Delicious egg fried rice with charred greens – perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Cook up some basmati rice – drain and set aside.
- Crush up some garlic, finely chop some chilli, and grate up some ginger. Finely slice up some spring onion or onion.
- Rinse and slice up some leafy greens - Terra Madre pak choi or Meuse Farm swiss chard. Place a pan over a high heat with some oil. Char the greens until wilted, shifting occasionally. Remove from the pan and season with lemon juice and salt.
- Crack some Georgiev eggs into a bowl and whisk up until smooth.
- Return the pan to a medium heat – add a knob of Mooivallei butter, the garlic, chilli, onion and ginger. Fry until fragrant – then, add the egg. Scramble it up with your cooking utensil. When almost done, add in your drained rice and stir through until hot. Season to taste.
- Dish up your egg fried rice, top with your Asian greens, and garnish with some chopped coriander – serve with some of Bao Down’s Hot Sauce on the side and dig in!
When cooking the rice with the egg, allow it to get some good browning time on the base of the pan for some good caramelisation and increased flavour.