The word ‘devilled’ in food dictionaries means to combine food with hot and spicy seasonings and sauces. This recipe is for those chilli food lovers but can be adjusted to anyone's taste buds.
- Cut the swordfish into bite-size chunks and place them in a bowl. Add turmeric, chilli powder, salt and combine. Marinate for 15 minutes
- Place a pan over medium heat, pour in a ¼ cup oil into the pan. Once the oil has heated slightly, shallow fry the swordfish pieces until brown . Transfer the fried fish to a paper towel.
- Place the same pan with the remaining oil over medium heat, add three cloves of minced garlic, and a thumb of grated ginger to the oil and sauté for two minutes. Add one wedged onion, two sliced peppers and two wedged tomatoes to the pan. Sauté until the peppers turn slightly soft over medium heat. 5-10 minutes. Pour in 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce and 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes. Combine and cook over medium heat, 5-7 minutes.
- Once the onion and peppers turn soft with the sauce mixture, add the fish to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Cook until the sauce is thick and completely coats the fish with a little left in the bottom of the pan.
Serve with cooked rice and garnish with some chopped coriander.