Take your tortillas to the next level with this chilli fish filling recipe. White Meat boxes only.
- Make some pickled onion – recipe In a (Good) Pickle under Tasty Tips.
- As the onions pickle, get started on the batter for the fish. In a separate bowl, add in 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and pour in 1 cup of water. Whisk the mixture until smooth. P.S. You’re welcome to replace the water, with beer or any, we mean any, carbonated drink.
- Slice your Greenfish dorado fish into medium sized portions, pat dry and dip your portions in your batter.
- Shallow fry the fish cuts over a high-heat until your portions are crisp and golden brown.
- As a final step, finely chop ½ a chilli pepper (or replace with 1 pinch of Funky Ouma’s Chilli Salt), and add to a mixture of ¼ cup of lemon juice and ¼ cup of a mayonnaise and yoghurt mixture.
- Heat up the tortillas in a pan until warm and lightly golden on both sides.
- Top with your fish and garnish with some peppery rocket. Take a bite!
Dorado, or Mahi Mahi, is a deep sea fish that is high in protein and has a good source of selenium (a powerful antioxidant(, B-vitamins and heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.