Tofu baked until golden and crispy, and served with some soft honey-roasted carrots.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Trim and cut the carrots into bite size chunks. Rinse well. Place on a roasting tray, cut-side up, with some thyme leaves. Coat in some oil and season
- Roast the carrots for about 30 minutes until soft and golden.
- In the final 5-10 minutes, sprinkle over some honey or maple and continue roasting until golden.
- Slice up the tofu into bite-sized cubes. Drain on a paper towel to remove any excess liquid. Press down on the tofu with the paper towel to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Place the tofu in a bowl and drizzle with some olive oil and tamari (or soy sauce). Toss to coat. Then add in some cornstarch and toss until coated in the flour.
- Place on a roasting tray and bake for about 30 minutes until crispy, shifting halfway.
- Dish up the roasted carrots, top with the golden crispy tofu, and garnish with some chopped coriander and Gaia’s Pesto and Ruby Kraut (or your favourite toppings).
Tofu is a good source of plant-based protein and contains all nine essential amino acids - a real bonus a plant-based diet. It is also a good source of iron, calcium and the trace minerals manganese and phosphorus - all vital for a healthy, well-functioning body.