You might not think to cook your lettuce but trust us, this little trick is a diamond in the rough.
- Fire up the braai or place a grill pan over a high heat.
- Cut the gem lettuce in half lengthways and drizzle them with a little oil.
- Place over the heat and cook your gems, cut-side down, until nicely charred. Remove from the heat, place onto a serving platter and drizzle over a little vinegar of choice.
- Make your favourite salad dressing – we recommend going creamy here with some yogurt. Maybe some fresh herbs, sweetener of choice, fresh lemon and chilli - Why not?
- Pour your creamy dressing over the charred lettuce and serve as a side or a snack on its own.
This green gem is packed with Vitamins A, C, K, and folate, as well as minerals phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.