A delicious vegan and Asian take on the classic egg sandwich.
- Slice up the tofu into 1cm thick slabs.
- Place a pan over medium heat with some plant buttah or oil. Cook the tofu until golden on both sides and heated through. Season well.
- Steam your baos– refer to the recipe below under Lunch or Dinner for a ‘ How to steam your bao buns at home’ recipe.
- Make a slaw by combining some finely sliced Naturally Organic carrot, shredded Lentegeur red cabbage, Neighbourhood Farm spring onions and Umthunzi Coriander leaves. Toss with some lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Spread Boa Down Hot Sauce on the bottom of the bun, to taste. Place the golden tofu into the bun. Top with the fresh slaw, close up shop and dig in!
Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all nine essential amino acids.