Aubergine slices coated in a light batter and fried – served with Tzatziki.
- Cut the aubergine into thin rounds. Place into a colander and generously salt. Leave to degorge for 20-25 minutes. Pat dry
- Make your batter by whisking ¾ cup of cake flour or tempura rice flour with +/- 230ml of soda water – until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Bring some oil to a high heat in a large pot. Coat your eggplant in some batter. Using a fork, place your battered eggplant pieces into the oil and fry for 5 to 6 minutes, until golden on both sides and the batter puffs up. Be careful, hot oil is tempura-mental.
- Drain on absorbent paper towel and season.
- Serve it up hot, with tzatziki dipping sauce (see recipe suggestion under Tasty Tips). Garnish with fresh mint and enjoy!
Tempura rice flour is a gluten free option.