Glossy, sticky mushrooms in a sweet soy dressing on a crunchy slaw.
- Quarter or half your mushrooms (depending on size you want them chunky). Place a pan over a high heat with a drizzle of oil. When the pan is very hot, fry your Funki Fungi mushrooms until golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Finely shred the red cabbage, grate the carrot and toss in some sesame oil. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and add another drizzle of oil, with 1 clove of crushed garlic, a thumb of grated ginger and chilli flakes, saute for 1-2minutes. Add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of water, a squeeze of lemon juice and 1-2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and then leave to simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has become sticky. Taste to test and add more sugar or a squeeze of lemon juice according to taste.
- Add the mushrooms back to the pan and toss to combine and heat through for a minute.
- Make a base of your cabbage carrot slaw. Top with the asian sticky mushrooms and garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy!
Add some toasted sesame seeds for a little extra pow.