with dried cranberries, Seed & Circus Sumac Pecan Sprinkle, and Karen Dudley’s Horseradish & Sesame Salad Dressing
A nourishing green medley of baby spinach, broccoli and green bean, tossed together with dried cranberries, Seed & Circus’s Sumac Pecan Sprinkle, and Karen Dudley’s Horseradish & Sesame Salad Dressing.
“Remember that when you are planning a meal, balance and colour is critical. If you have a rich dish for your main course, you need an astringent, clean sharp flavour to accompany it. Colour too, can transform a meal. For a sesame and horseradish-phile like me, you can get none better than this Green Medley!” – Karen Dudley
Method of Cooking: Hob
Effort Level: Easy
Active Time: about 30 minutes
Start to Finish: about 40 minutes
Utensils you’ll need at home:
Ingredients you’ll need at home:
Salt & Pepper
- Bring a generous saucepan of water to the boil and prepare for some blanching.
- Break up the broccoli into florets (for the Small Box, you need only use half your broccoli head, but that is up to you). Trim the ends of the green beans.
- Blanch the broccoli florets for 3 minutes, spoon out with a slotted spoon and into a colander and rinse with cold water to arrest the cooking process. Next, cook the green beans for about 3 minutes. Refresh all with cold water. Lay them out on clean tea towels to drain and dry.
- Once dry, roughly slice the broccoli. Rinse and dry the baby spinach.
- Arrange these artfully on a platter and tuck the baby spinach in and around the other greens. Sprinkle with the cranberries and the toasted Seed & Circus Sumac Pecan Sprinkle.
NOTE: The above steps can be done ahead of time.
- When you are ready to serve, drizzle over some of Karen Dudley’s Horseradish & Sesame Salad Dressing (shake the bottle first, and add to taste), sprinkle with salt and a good grinding of black pepper. Toss to coat, and season further to taste.
- Serve on your Feast table.