with Karen Dudley’s Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
A burst of colour on a plate. Radish, beetroot and carrot have never looked so beautiful – all dressed up in Karen Dudley’s delicious Poppy Seed Dressing.
“I sometimes put a big note in the parking machine just to harvest a big clanging tinkle of coins! People think I’m crazy when I pretend that I’ve won at a slot machine! In this salad, vegetable currency is great value. Cutting vegetables on the diagonal has been de rigeur but now, coins! They certainly make a come-back in this salad.” – Karen Dudley
Method of Cooking: No cooking required
Effort Level: Easy
Active Time: about 30-45 minutes
Start to Finish: about 30-45 minutes
Utensils you’ll need at home:
Ingredients you’ll need at home:
Salt & Pepper
- NOTE: If you have ordered the gammon, reserve 1-2 carrots for that.
- Clean, trim and peel (optional) the beetroot and carrots. (For the Small Box, you need only use half your bunch of beetroot and half your bunch of carrots, but this is up to you).
- Slice the beetroot very thinly on the round and place the slices in a large bowl.
- Trim and slice the radishes very finely too on the round, place them in the same bowl as the beetroot (reserve some for garnish).
- Thinly slice the carrots too on the round and place them into the same bowl. Give Karen Dudley’s Poppy Seed Dressing a good shake, and add enough to coat the veggies. Toss together, and season with some salt. Set aside.
NOTE: The above steps can be done ahead of time.
- When you are ready to serve, dish up your vegetable poppy seed “carpaccio” salad on a platter, and scatter over the remaining radish slices. Shake and drizzle with more poppy seed dressing.
- Serve on your feast table.