Infused with fresh rosemary & served with Aioli's Truffle Aioli
These are very simple to make and will add some sweet deliciousness to your feast table. This recipe can be done in the oven or on the braai! It’s up to you.
“Follow the same method for the braai (ensuring the sweet potatoes are very well wrapped in tinfoil), and simply cook until soft to touch. The best way to see if they are cooked is to poke a small pointed knife in and if there is no resistance, then they are ready.” – Chef Ollie Swart of Aioli.
Method of Cooking: Oven or Braai
Effort Level: Easy
Active Time: about 10 minutes
Start to Finish: about 1.5 hours
Utensils you’ll need at home:
Ingredients you’ll need at home:
Salt & Pepper
Oil (60ml for a Medium Box, and 100ml for a Large Box
- Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes.
- Tear up some tinfoil (one piece per sweet potato to wrap up). Place a sweet potato in the centre of each piece (shiny side in), coat each sweet potato with some oil, season well, and add a few picked rosemary leaves to each parcel. Wrap up in tinfoil until completely covered. Repeat until all are done.
NOTE: The above steps can be done ahead of time.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 60-80 minutes or until soft to touch.
- Serve on your feast table hot – straight out of the oven, or open up the parcel, cut a cross into each sweet potato and open it up like you would a baked potato. Top with a dollop of Aioli’s Truffle Aioli, and a grind of salt and black pepper.